A friend of mine was teaching her first grade son about Dr. King today, and he could not, for the life of him, comprehend why anyone would treat others differently (much less poorly) because of skin color. It warms my heart to think that this is the mentality of our future generations.
- Almost always, the creative, dedicated minority has made the world better.
- An individual has not started living until he can rise above the narrow confines of his individualistic concerns to the broader concerns of all humanity.
- He who is devoid of the power to forgive is devoid of the power to love.
- A nation that continues, year after year, to spend more money on military defense than on programs of social uplift is approaching spiritual debt.
- What is needed is a realization that power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic.
- Power, at its best, is love implementing the demands of justice. And justice, at its best, is power correcting everything that stands against love.
Do any of these quotes resonate with you??