- Togetherness. There's nothing I love more than spending quality time with friends and family. I love that Joel's family joins mine for the holidays, and that we can just hang out. Both of our families are pretty laid back, so there's no pressure to impress anyone, which I also love.
- A boyfriend who supports and loves me unconditionally. Joel allows me to be myself completely and make choices that I want. Even when he doesn't agree, he stands by my decisions. Also, I couldn't tell you the last time I had to fill my own gas tank... that's a love language I can appreciate! :)
- Music. I love that there's always a song that fits my ever-changing (not in a bi-polar way... you know what I mean) mood. And I love hearing old songs that can instantly transform me to a previous time and place. Specifically, there are a few newer stations here in Chicago that play all the music from the 80s, 90s and 2000s, and I pretty much always have a smile plastered across my face when I listen. I often text my BFF, Ashley, telling her what I'm currently singing along to because I know she'll automatically be experiencing the same flashbacks. It's pretty awesome to be able to share that with someone.
- Teacher Pay Teachers. What a fantastic resource this website has become. I love being able to find products created by those who are in the trenches every day. It's been a huge time-saver and source of inspiration. I'm also optimistic about being able to share more of my products in hopes of helping others and supplementing my income. It's such a great opportunity!
- Each and every one of you. I cannot count the ways you have taught, guided, inspired, encouraged, and supported me. Whether we've become bloggy friends, you're a regular or sporadic reader and commenter, or I'm just one of your stalkers, you've been a part of this journey for me. I know I'm a better teacher because of blogging, and I am so grateful that I'm part of this community.
November 28, 2013
Thankful Thursday - Thanksgiving Edition
Happy Thanksgiving! I've really developed a deeper appreciation for this holiday this year. I love that we take time out of the daily grind to appreciate all the blessings we've been given. I love that we spend a day celebrating just being together, with the only gifts exchanged being time and companionship.