If you don't get a chance to link up today, don't worry because I'll keep this open all week!
Ok... here are 5 things I'm thankful for this week...
- A glorious 4-day weekend, which allowed me to spend TWO days at my bff's house helping her with her beautiful twins. I don't get to see any of them enough, and I love that I can hang out with them on my days off and give her mom a little break.
- Joel and I were house and dog-sitting this week for a friend, which felt like a little vacation for us. Her house is also really close to my school, so I was thankful for the short commute!
- We went back to the city on Friday night to hang out with some friends from college, some of whom I have not seen in nearly a decade (When did I get so old?!). We had a yummy potluck dinner, reminisced about times past, and played some games. I don't know about you, but I love catching up with old friends!
- This week, I was reminded about another benefit of my current position: I don't have to attend conferences. I certainly can't complain when I get an extra day off school or when I have the luxury of going home twice while my co-workers are stuck in meetings until 8:30 PM.
- On that same note, I love that I have time to read for pleasure during the school year. Now that I'm not grading papers or planning lessons, I can do whatever I want after school. For the first time in a long time, I've been reading books without having to analyze whether or not they'd be appropriate for a novel study. And I've been reading real adult books (I'm constantly harassed for only reading YA novels)... my mom should be so proud! This year, when a student asks me what I'm reading, I have to ask myself, "Is this appropriate for them?" haha!