If you didn't get a chance to link up last week, I hope you'll join us today for my Thankful Thursday linky. This party happens each Thursday in November with the intent to remind each other about all the things in our lives for which we should be grateful.
If you don't get a chance to link up today, don't worry because I'll keep this open all week!
- My fabulous sister, Amy, who is celebrating her 29th birthday this weekend. I love that we're now the same age and that next year, she will behold the title of eldest sibling. ;) In all seriousness, though, my sister is definitely one of my best friends. She's always a good time, looks out for my best interest, has a heart of gold, and makes me laugh until I nearly pee myself! We've gotten closer and closer over the years, and for this, I am truly thankful. I can't wait to celebrate with her this weekend!
- After Sunday's devastating tornadoes ripped through Illinois, I have to count my blessings that my friends and family were spared. Too many others were not as lucky.
- This is going to sound silly, but I'm thankful for dry shampoo. My baby-fine hair looks super greasy if I don't wash it every single day, but sometimes, I just don't have the time or want to put in the effort. I love that this little product can give me an extra day... particularly after I've taken the time to straighten it.
- After a particularly tough morning with one of my SPED babies (which required her mother being called into the school to help get her off the floor where she was lying in a fetal position for 90 minutes), I was humbled during out 9th period art class. Students were asked to draw something they love, and she, without hesitation, drew a picture of me. She helps remind me that our tough moments are fleeting, but the relationships we build are everlasting.
- Finally, I'm grateful for fabulous co-workers, with whom I can commiserate and be reminded to laugh over such tough moments because they "get it." I have a great team!