It's SO nice not to spend my entire weekends worrying about writing formal lesson plans to submit to my administration each week. This was my most dreaded task last year, and I'm happy to be rid of it!
Instead, I got to spend my weekend...
- Celebrating the pregnancy of Joel's sister who is expecting her first child in less than two weeks! I'm so excited for this little girl that I can hardly stand it.
- Joining my cousin/friend (it's a long story) from college at Oktoberfest where we sang along with our favorite 80's cover band, Sixteen Candles with an awesome group we hope to hang out with again soon.
- Helping Joel change the brakes on his car. (Okay, this part wasn't exactly fun for me, but it saved us like $300... and he made me feel appreciated so it was worth it.)
- Catching up on the season premiere of Grey's Anatomy. I feel like my life is complete now that my shows are back!
- Watching da Bears. Even though we lost, I was proud of the late comeback. It was looking like we were going to have an embarrassing game there for a while, but I'm proud of my guys for persevering and closing in on that crazy lead.
- Uploading my second paid product to Teacher Pay Teachers. I feel like I'm finally starting to get the hang of this thanks to the help and encouragement of some great bloggy friends like Erin, and Susan. My new product is a zip folder of all of my notes and activities for teaching students How to Punctuate Dialogue:
- PowerPoint with guided notes, guided practice, independent practice, and a fun activity where students get to write the dialogue for the subjects in pictures.
- Guided notes worksheet to accompany the PowerPoint.
- Rally Coach activity where your students get to tutor each other.
- Three practice worksheets.
- One quiz and answer key.
The first three commenters will receive this product for FREE!