2. Answer the 11 questions from your nominator
3. Nominate 11 blogger who bring sunshine to the world
4. Make up 11 questions for your nominees to answer.
Random Facts about Me1. My dream job is to be a talk show host. I love talking to people and learning about their lives. If I could get paid to do that, I would be thrilled!
2. I am really good at organizing things. I LOVE it
3. I really enjoy setting up a classroom. I like creating bulletin boards, creating learning centers, establishing a flow, and of course, organizing everything. I thought about doing this as a side job until I remembered that teachers are poor and I would be very limited in the number of people I could help in that precious window of time we're allowed in our rooms before school starts.
4. I keep my toenails painted at ALL times.
5. I'm obsessed with coconut oil and use it for pretty much everything in life.
6. My favorite part about teaching is the relationships I form with my students. I often wish I could get paid to just hang out with my kiddos because I love talking to them and learning about their lives. If only I weren't responsible for their educations! :)
7. I know this makes me boring, but I am a creature of habit. I like routine because I like knowing what will happen next.
8. I feel anxious when I have to stop reading or listening to a book in the middle of a chapter.
9. My favorite job was working at an child care program in high school & college. We only worked like 3 hours after school and during breaks. All of my BFFs worked with me, and we got to do crafts, play outside, and go on fun field trips all the time. The pay was ridiculous, but it was worth it because we had so much fun together!
10. I come from a small family that is spread out in age and distance. Despite her living in New Jersey, my cousin, Ellen, has always been one of my role models. I've always wanted to be the wife and mother I saw in her... and still do!
11. If I could do college again, I would study abroad for a semester. It's such a great opportunity to see the world, and I wish I had done it!
Questions from Alison1) How long have you been teachin' and what is your absolute favorite grade to teach? This is my 8th year teaching. If I love all the middle grades, but if I have to pick a favorite, I'll go with 6th because they're still so sweet and eager to please!
2) If you had an opportunity to change one county, state, or national law about teachin', would you change anything? I would just like to find a way to take off a lot of the pressure that comes with standardized testing. I don't have an alternative solution, but I don't think this is the answer to our education problems.
3) Have you ever thought about teachin' abroad? If so, where? I've never considered it. Baton Rouge felt foreign enough to me! haha
4) If you could go on a shoppin' spree for one day and buy anything you wanted(money would be no object), what would you buy? I would love to get a complete makeover of hair, makeup, nails, and a new wardrobe that makes me feel confident and cute!
5) What is your favorite "me time" activity to do? I love to treat myself to a mani/pedi.
6) What is one food that you could eat every single day and not get sick of? Cupcakes! And yes, I realize this explains a lot about me!
7) What is your all time favorite children's book title and why should I read this book? I'm going to go with I Love You Forever. I used to read it daily to a little boy when I was a nanny, and it makes me all teary every time.
8) What is one app or piece of technology that you could not live without? My iPhone. I honestly don't know how I ever survived without it. It comes everywhere with me... even the bathroom!
9) If you were in charge of your school for one day, what would you plan for that day? It would definitely be a pajama day... nothing is better than that! And we would have lots of time for reading great books! Maybe we would do an academic Olympics!
10) What made you decide to start bloggin'? I think I just wanted a place to share my experiences and opinions without being censored as we sometimes have to be in real life. I didn't have much of a purpose in the beginning because my only exposure was to Mommy blogs. Once I found education blogging, I knew I finally had a purpose!
11) Where should I go on vacation and what should I do there? Come to Chicago to hang out with me, of course!!! You know we'd have a blast!
My Fabulous NomineesThese wonderful ladies have offered endless encouragement, advice, motivation, and friendship. I tried not to repeat names from Alison's list and still had a hard time narrowing it down to just 11 of you amazing bloggers! We have such a wonderful community!
Erin I'm Lovin' LitJoanne at Head Over Heels for Teaching
Susan and Middle School OCD
Erin at Short andSassy Teacher
Jen at Teaching Teens in the 21st Century
Jessica at Joy in the Journey
Catherine at The Brown Bag Teacher
Ali at Teaching Powered by Caffeine
Kasey at Middle School Teacher to Literacy Coach
Michele at A Lesson Plan for Teachers
Kristy at 2 Peas and a Dog
Questions for My Nominees1. What is the one lesson that you most enjoy teaching all year?
2. If you didn't teach your current subject or grade, what would you want to teach?
3. If you weren't teaching, what other job(s) could you see yourself doing?
4. What gets you through a tough day/week/semester/year?
5. What is one responsibility you have now that you'd like to drop?
6. Which extra-curricular activities do you facilitate?
7. If money were no object, what is the one thing you'd want for your classroom?
8. What's something you wish your students' previous teachers had taught them?
9. What's something you want your students' future teachers to know?
10. What is the one professional resource that has been most helpful for you?
11. Who inspires you to be a better teacher?